There are certain haircuts that require additional texturizing and/or length removing that goes beyond the basics. You will learn how to combine one of the basic techniques with a razor or thinning scissor to accomplish this. These are the techniques that will take your finished work from very good to exceptional and put you in the top of the men’s haircutting profession.
- Identify when a haircut needs to be thinned out or have texture added to it in order to be completed.
- Identify the tools that will be used for these advanced techniques.
- Describe the three different uses for a thinning scissor.
- Demonstrate the two techniques the thinning scissor is used for.
- Describe the four techniques a straight razor can be used for.