This is a classic haircut that you will see athletes of all ages wearing. The haircut is very versatile and can be cut to many different lengths just by adjusting the blade length up or down a few sizes. It is also very low maintenance. It just needs to be cut every few weeks. A sharp outline up will show off the different dimensions to the haircut which make it a timeless classic.
• Understand what a taper is.
• Identify the correct tools to use for textured hair.
• Understand the concept of cutting a taper without making a line of demarcation first.
• Identify when it is necessary to outline the front hairline and temple area instead of leaving it natural.
• Demonstrate a tapered haircut.