This name came from the amount of law students and young attorneys that get their hair cut this way. There is a big law school down the street from my barbershop and we get a lot of these haircuts. It is a ½ inch taper with the hair long enough on top to style conservatively. A natural tapered outline is what makes this haircut stand out. This hairstyle is also one of the most common barbershop haircuts. It can be worn either a wet or dry finish. This is a classic look for any age group or profession. It should be a haircut that you can provide like it is second nature. The techniques and steps to this haircut are the foundation of the majority of short to medium length men’s haircuts.
- Understand the basic shape that most men’s haircuts follow.
- Understand the basic techniques for blending the most common clipper cut.
- Understand the basics of blending short sides to a longer top.
- Demonstrate the scissor over comb technique.
- Demonstrate the clipper over comb technique.