This haircut is one of the most difficult and popular hairstyles you will come across. It requires the ability to blend from a skin length to a professional length on the top without a weight line. The taper must be kept low so there is enough weight left in the corners for the hair to be combed into place. The client that generally gets this haircut is a young professional that is extremely meticulous. If one hair is out of place they will notice it. When you master this haircut you will have a customer for life.
- Understand the reasoning for a square shaped haircut.
- Understand the concept of blending extremely short hair into hair long enough to comb.
- Demonstrate scissor over comb.
- Understand the concept of starting on the top section and working down to shorter lengths.
- Identify when a blending/thinning scissor is needed for completing the fade.