The flat top is one of the basic barber haircuts. It is the foundation for many of today’s modern short haircuts. If you look at photographs from any period in American history the flat top is a hairstyle that you will often see. Proficiency with the flat top will give you a good understanding of the principles behind a man’s haircut. You will gain an understanding of a square shaped haircut and the concept of leaving weight in the corners. You will also learn how to master the clipper over comb technique.
- Understand the concept of putting a square shape haircut on a round object.
- Understand how to have a consultation with the customer to determine exactly how they like their flattop.
- Describe the correct order of steps to cut a flattop.
- Demonstrate the clipper over comb technique.
- Demonstrate a flattop haircut.